The best selling tour from Lisbon, an instant classic! Our tour of Sintra is the one that spends more time in the village so you can explore 2 monuments freely!
Évora Tour from Lisbon
- Adult 13+ years old
- Child From 4-12 years old
- Infant 2020 From 0-3 years old | Each infant must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Private Tour 1 to 4 Pax
Évora: Genuine Countryside Tour from Lisbon
On this tour, we will visit a deeper Portugal with magnificent vineyards, wheat plains, cork and olive trees, from where the famous Portuguese olive oil comes from. We start by visiting the oldest cromlech in southern Europe, more than 7,000 years old: The Almendres Cromlech. It is a megalithic complex of more than 100 stones placed in a circular way and aligned with the solstices and equinoxes.
Next, we visit Évora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, surrounded by 14th century walls. We will visit the Roman Temple and the Sé, a gothic cathedral (the largest in Portugal), that are right in the heart of the city. You will have time to stroll through the streets of Évora and get to know the local crafts before lunch. Try the very rich local cuisine based mainly on pork, olive oil, soups, Alentejo bread and codfish dishes. Delicious!
We continue our journey in the afternoon to the Church of San Francisco and the famous Chapel of Bones, a must-see and one of the city’s ex-libris. End the day with a regional Alentejo olive oil tasting, Portugal’s largest wine and olive producing region, before returning to Lisbon!
- Meeting Point – 08:00 Praça da Figueira (Front of Statue) & 08:15 Hotel Fenix Lisbon (Marques de Pombal – Front of the door)
- Drop-off at 2 centrally located points: Restauradores square / Marquês de Pombal
- Small-group tour (8 people max.)
- Professional but informal local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- Fee entrance to the Chapel of the Bones with guided visit