Get ready for a laid-back tour along the beautiful Tagus River on the most charming vintage bicycles in Lisbon! Our mission is to provide a wonderful tour to Belém where you will find a set of iconic monuments related to the Discoveries.
You will be escorted by our attentive guides who will do their utmost so you fall in love with all the details of this tour as you hear fantastic stories about the great Age of Discoveries and observe some iconic sights.
Anyone interested in History and aware of the importance of the Portuguese Discoveries will fall in love with Belém, where everything is magnificent, secular and sacred. It was from this area that Portuguese explorers embarked on their dangerous and ambitious expeditions, turning Portugal into the first global empire.
We have prepared a fascinating circuit that pass by several historical monuments, such as the Jeronimos Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage Site, the “jewel” of Manueline architecture); Belém Tower (one of the most distinguished examples of the architecture of King Manuel I’s reign); the Monument to the Discoveries.
This is one of the most enjoyable walks in our city, given the context and scenery in which it takes place; the perfect combination of tranquillity, harmony and landscape, combined with the bustle of the riverside filled with terraces, musicians, sportsmen and artists who enjoy Lisbon here at its best.
- Cais das Colunas: The noble entrance of Lisbon is located at Praça do Comércio Square and is characterised by two vertical pillars.
- Dock area: Located below the 25th of April Bridge this is a popular area for its restaurants and bars but also for relaxing and sports.
- 25th of April Bridge: One of Lisbon’s most notable ex-libris! This steel suspension bridge across the Tagus River is often compared with the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
- Jerónimos Monastery: A World Heritage monument, this is one of the most prominent examples of the Portuguese Late Gothic Manueline style of architecture in Lisbon.
- Belém Tower: Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of the King Manuel I.
- Monument to the Discoveries: An impressive monument to praise the essential figures of the Discoveries
- Electric bike
- Minimum of 1, maximum of 20 people per tour.
- All participants must have a minimum height of 1.5meters (4.9 feet) and a maximum weight of 118Kg (260.14 lbs.). Height is a mandatory requirement.
- All reservations can be rescheduled/refunded/canceled free of charge up until 24h before the activity. After that, all reservations will be charged in full at 100%.
- A deposit of 100€ is required (via credit card) per bike. As well as a valid ID or Passport per participant.
Rua dos Douradores 16, 1100-206 Lisbon